SummaryJoin us for an interview with Prof. Nancy A. Oretskin, J.D. and emeritus professor from New Mexico State University to discuss migration, asylum, and immigration.
✊🤖 Join us for our fourth episode: an interview with Prof. Nancy A. Oretskin, J.D. and emeritus professor from New Mexico State University. Nancy is an attorney that has been representing asylum seekers pro bono at the border near El Paso, Texas since 2010; and is a preeminent expert in migration, asylum, and immigration.
- 0:00 - Cue the music
- 1:00 - Introducing this week's moderator: Melanie Dione
- 2:31 - Introducing this week's panel: Susan, Christine, Dr. Coohill, and Athena
- 7:51 - Kicking off the interview with Prof. Nancy A. Oretskin
- 22:50 - Seeking Asylum from Asia
- 25:10 - Has Asylum Changed Between Administrations?
- 28:04 - What Evidence is Required?
- 31:05 - History of Asylum with Prof. Buzzkill
- 35:45 - What is the Ideal Policy?
- 39:19 - The Remain in Mexico Program
- 42:58 - What Americans Can Do Right Now
- 47:29 - Land vs. Air Crossings
- 50:08 - Key Takeaways and Panel Wrap
- 57:26 - End Credits
If you have feedback or want to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more about the bot on our website.
This week’s guests, in order of appearance
Watch the live show Sundays at 1 pm on
Use the chatbot on
- Resistbot Guide for Organizers
- Download the iOS App
- Follow on Twitter
- Like on Instagram
- Like on Facebook
Referenced in the Show
- Fronteras 711: Southwest Asylum and Migration Institute at NPR
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Annunciation House
- Catholic Charities
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network