SummaryThe first episode for Resistbot Live, where we discuss the importance of the SSI/SSDI campaigns.
✊🤖 Our premiere episode is a discussion of the ongoing movement to end disabled poverty and to fix SSI and SSDI programs.
- 0:00 - Moderator Scot Mactaggart introduces the show.
- 2:26 - Introducing Susan Stutz, Resistbot policy writer, and content researcher, to open today’s topic of SSI and the #DemolishDisabledPoverty campaign.
- 9:20 - Introducing Athena Fulay in Washington D.C., community organizer, and Resistbot outreach volunteer, discussing the experience of delivering Resistbot letters in person to Congressional offices.
- 16:50 - Introducing Dr. Joseph Coohill (a.k.a. Professor Buzzkill) a 25-year professor of history who’s taught at Duquesne University, Penn State, and Oxford.
- 20:11 - Introducing Melanie Dione; writer, podcaster, and event organizer in New Orleans, La.; and the text for the Improve SSI in Recovery Bill petition.
- 31:07 - Introducing Matthew Berwick, disability advocate and President of the United Spinal Association of Western Pa, to discuss his personal experiences.
- 39:54 - Panel discussion on SSI/SSDI
- 1:08:24 - Outro
If you have comments, feedback, or want to volunteer, email email@example.com anytime; or learn more about Resistbot on our website.
This week’s guests, in order of appearance
See the live show Sundays at 1 pm on
Use the chatbot on
- Download the iOS App
- Follow on Twitter
- Like on Instagram
- Like on Facebook
- Resistbot Guide for Organizers
Referenced in the Show
- Improve SSI in Recovery Bill Petition
- Congress Must Include SSI + HCBS in Build Back Better Petition
- Matthew Cortland
- World Suicide Prevention Day and Month by Susan Stutz
- The New New Deal by Susan Stutz