✊🤖 Our premiere episode is a discussion of the ongoing movement to end disabled poverty and to fix SSI and SSDI programs.
- 0:00 - Moderator Scot Mactaggart introduces the show.
- 2:26 - Introducing Susan Stutz, Resistbot policy writer, and content researcher, to open today’s topic of SSI and the #DemolishDisabledPoverty campaign.
- 9:20 - Introducing Athena Fulay in Washington D.C., community organizer, and Resistbot outreach volunteer, discussing the experience of delivering Resistbot letters in person to Congressional offices.
- 16:50 - Introducing Dr. Joseph Coohill (a.k.a. Professor Buzzkill) a 25-year professor of history who’s taught at Duquesne University, Penn State, and Oxford.
- 20:11 - Introducing Melanie Dione; writer, podcaster, and event organizer in New Orleans, La.; and the text for the Improve SSI in Recovery Bill petition.
- 31:07 - Introducing Matthew Berwick, disability advocate and President of the United Spinal Association of Western Pa, to discuss his personal experiences.
- 39:54 - Panel discussion on SSI/SSDI
- 1:08:24 - Outro
This week’s guests, in order of appearance
See the live show Sundays at 1 pm on
Use the chatbot on
Referenced in the Show
★ Support this podcast ★