SummaryDiscussing how policies to combat homelessness further marginalize unhoused people.
✊🤖 Welcome to Episode 26 where we analyze the current attack on the unhoused being waged by New York, Tennesse, and other states in the union. Listen along as we discuss how the policies to combat homelessness further marginalize unhoused people and look at who is doing the amazing work to help these neighbors and how you can do the same! This podcast is broadcast live every Sunday on Youtube; please subscribe!
Mentioned on the Air
- Text RESIST to 50409 and create your own petition!
- Fund Homelessness Prevention
- Shelter is a Human Right
This Week's Panel
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:56 Melanie Introduces the Show
- 2:20 Introducing the Panel
- 2:30 Athena Fulay
- 2:51 Susan Stutz
- 6:30 Homelessness in DC
- 9:54 Who makes up the unhoused population
- 12:32 Liberal areas and their relation to homelessness
- 15:23 Athena's spotlight organizations and how to help in your area!
- 22:22 Petitions
- 28:42 Houston's success with housing the unhoused
- 35:00 Panelist’s Closings
- 38:44 Monthly Donors
- 39:02 Closings
Episode edited by Angel Barrera. If you need a show edited, you can find her on Twitter here!★ Support this podcast ★